Motorcycle MOT Testing
Motorcycle MOT Testing for only £25.00 including a free re-test!
At Angels MOT & Service Centre in Bexhill, we're approved by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to perform MOT testing on all motorcycles (class 2). This is carried out using the highest quality diagnostic equipment ensuring that you get first class service with accurate results in a pleasant environment. We're happy to perform any minor repairs immediately; however, should there be other issues to be addressed, we currently offer a free retest within 10 days should your vehicle fail.
We automatically send MOT reminders and discounts to all of our existing customers. If your MOT isn’t due, but you would like to be added to our database, please contact us at ANGELS
What components are inspected during an Motorcycle MOT test?
- Lights: condition, operation, security and correct colour of headlamp(s), rear lights, indicators and reflectors. Also the headlamp(s) will be checked to see if the aim is correct.
- Steering/suspension: condition, security and operation, including forks, handlebars, grips mountings, head bearings, swinging arm, shock absorbers and damping effect etc.
- Wheels and tyres: wheel condition and security, tyre condition, size/type, fitment, tread depth and valve condition.
- Frame: free from cracks, damage, distortion or corrosion which is likely to affect the steering or braking.
- Braking: condition, operation and performance (efficiency test), brake controls.
- Exhaust system: complete, secure and not too noisy.
- Fuel system: for leaks and security of components.
- Seats: Riders seat for presence and any seat for security.
- Wheel alignment: correct alignment of front and rear wheels.
- Side-cars (when fitted): includes checks on; attachment, alignment, suspension, wheel bearings, wheel alignment, lights and tyres.
- Registration plates/vehicle identification/frame no: present, legible.
- Drive chain and sprocket: Chain not too loose/tight or worn, sprockets for wear, chain guard for security.
- Throttle: correct operation.
- Clutch lever: not so bent, damaged or shortened that it cannot be readily operated.
- Footrests: for presence and security.
- Horn: correct operation and the correct type.
A Motorcycle MOT certificate confirms that at the time of the test, without dismantling, the vehicle met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law. It does not mean that the vehicle is roadworthy for the life of the certificate. The test does not cover the condition of the engine, clutch or gearbox.
Contact us for more information, advise or to book 01424 212684